Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's about the little things

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart." Proverbs 3:5

Over the years, I've come to understand and appreciate the beauty and great privilege that's mine to be able to trust God with the overwhelming challenges of life...sorrow, loss, heartbreak, financial crisis, sickness, betrayal, depression, life-changing decisions to make. But I often have to be reminded that I must be completely trusting Him also with the details and little things that crowd my life in the day-to-day routine. There are the split-second decisions that must be made with the kids or in the car; fatigue; frustration; a nagging sinus headache; the change of plans with the unexpected interruptions; waiting and waiting, and waiting at the doctor's office when another appointment is also on the schedule.

This then, is the beauty of it all; the Spirit of God at work in me on a daily basis, the joy and comfort of "praying without ceasing", the great wonder of the Scriptures that come to mind just when I need them, all wonderful gifts of God for me, His child. I have the privilege to trust Him. I have Him to trust.

"Trusting God turns problems into opportunities." ODB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sure is right where I'm at. The Lord has been working hard on our family in this area - the little, every day things that wear on the nerves, wear on our physical strength, etc, etc. Thanks for the reminder, Ang.