Monday, November 1, 2010

After an intensely oppressive Saturday, Sunday was a breath of fresh air!! It was as if God had opened a window...I could breathe freely, see clearly, pray openly without the terrible struggle. Christ was so very near in morning worship. In fact, the reminders of His nearness were every where; in the prayers of people, in the fellowship, in the message, in the songs...especially in the songs: "Near to the Heart of God"; "Draw me Nearer"; "Nearer my God to Thee".

A friend had spent time in prayer with me; my sons had called to check on me and were quick to encourage with Scripture and prayer. My husband had offered support and encouragement, and went beyond just "sharing the load". Finally, I was able to go to bed around 11:30 p.m. exhausted, but with joy and a quiet confidence that God was at work. Even during the night, I woke several times only to have a number of people come to mind that I knew were going through terribly challenging times. The Lord impressed me to consider that my spiritual struggle may not have been just about me, and I prayed.

Such a marked difference the two days were! There was a spirit of calm in the cottage, not the incessant bickering and edginess. My heaviness of the previous day was gone, and my emotions had survived the gamut they had experienced. Even into Monday, there was indication that God was still working in so many ways. The Chris Tomlin song, "Indescribable" comes to mind..."awestuck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim, you are amazing God".

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the powere of His might. Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
Standing.

1 comment:

Pam Roth said...

Again... Thank you for sharing your heart and what God is doing in your life. He is a Mighty God and we all need to be reminded of that and take a real look at His amazing love and care only He can give to each of us!